- Your library card is like a passport to the world. You can travel to Singapore in a fast-paced thriller, check out the latest Julia Roberts film, browse the Chicago Tribune or marvel at Manet's paintings through the pages of a book.
- Free quality programming for all ages that is educational, entertaining, and informative. Little ones will be inspired to enter the magical world of reading in our lap-sit, preschool and school-age story times and craft programs. Computer classes and musical performances will educate and beguile adult audiences.
- Oak Brook Patrons can enjoy a staycation by checking out a Macy's Museum Pass. Multiple museums, parks and other recreational places such as the Morton Arboretum and the Brookfield Zoo are providing offers to help families enjoy their beautiful locations. Offers include free parking to free admission.
- Have you read all of the Harry Potter series and wonder if there are any other novels like it? You can either ask a helpful librarian to assist you or you can pick up one of our handy bibliographies. Bibliographies are lists of books pertaining to a specific age level (ex. 1st grade girls) or book genre (ex. mystery) which librarians believe patrons would enjoy.
- Do you have a paper on George Washington due tomorrow morning and the library's closed? No need to worry, check out our databases. From Morningstar to Novelist, our databases will have you covered. Public access to computers and free Wi-fi. Just plug in your laptop and you're ready to get the ball rolling. You can even print from your laptop to one of our printers, ask a librarian for more details.
- Does your company or group need a place to hold their annual or monthly meeting? The Friends Meeting Room can be rented for a variety of social and business events.
- Are you cramming for a big exam? Enjoy peace and quiet within one of our study rooms.
- Did all that cramming bring on an attack of the munchies? Grab a bite to eat at one of our vending machines located in the lobby.
- You will be mesmerized by the beauty and serenity of the library bathed in natural daylight. Patrons can relax and take a breather from their hectic lifestyles and enjoy the simple pleasures of reading.
We "Heart" Oak Brook Public Library!