Some of the Reasons Why Story time is So Important
- It allows children to enhance their vocabulary through sounds and being read to.
- Movement activities promote gross motor skills (ex. jumping, hopping, skipping etc.)
- Shape and colors come alive through the use of flannel boards and games.
- Books and songs which repeat phrases help children improve their memory and thinking skills.
- Enables children to learn vital life skills such as cooperation, sharing and patience.
- Crafts promote creativity and fine motor skills (ex. pasting, cutting etc.)
- Rectifies routine activities. Children will know that on a certain day they will be going to story time.
- Songs provide an introduction to music and movement.
Sign-up today for story times at 630-368-7700.
*See New Year, New Times for Story Times (1/3/11) post for more detailed information on our story times.