Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blackbird Pie: Story time for 1 and 2 year olds Theme: Dragons

Dragons, Dragons everywhere! Today the Blackbird Pie Story time was mad about dragons. We sang dragon songs, read some "fiery" tales, and had loads of jolly fun. Join us each week from June 27-July 18th for a royally terrific song and dance-filled story time extravaganza. Registration is required.


Here's a look at some of the songs we sang and books we read.


Books


There's No Such Thing as A Dragon by Jack Kent
Baby Dragon by Amy Ehrlich


Songs


Fly Dragon Fly
(Tune: Skip To My Lou)

Fly, fly dragon fly, fly, fly dragon fly,
Fly, fly dragon fly, way up in the sky.

Hop, hop dragon hop, hop, hop, dragon hop
Hop, hop dragon hop, hop, hop, dragon stop


I'm A Dragon
(Tune: I'm A Little Teapot)


I'm a little dragon, strong and stout.
Here is my tail and here is my snout.
If you get me upset, you better watch out!
I'll give you something to shout about!


Fingerplay (Tip: This would be a very fun flannel/felt board for teaching mathematics concepts such as subtraction)


Five Green Dragons


Five green dragons making such a roar.
One danced away and then there were four.
Four green dragons dancing around a tree.
One danced away and then there were three.
Three green dragons dancing around you.
One danced away and then there were two
Two green dragons dancing in the sun.
One danced away and then there was one.
One green dragon having lots of fun
She danced away and then there were none.