Thursday, February 10, 2011

Create Your Own Story time: February 9th Valentine's Day Story time

Couldn't come to story time today? No need to worry. You can create the experience at home using the story time we did today.


Books 

The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll
Sweet Hearts by Jan Carr
Love, Splat by Rob Scotton


Action Song

If You Love Me and You Know It 
(Tune: "If You're Happy and You Know It")

If you love me and you know it, clap your hands.
If you love me and you know it, clap your hands.
If you love me and you know it,
Then your face will surely show it.
If you love me and you know it, Clap your hands.

Additional Verses:
Say "I love you"
Blow me a kiss
Give me a hug

Song

I Am Making Valentines (Tune: "Mary Had a Little Lamb")

I am making valentines, 
Valentines, valentines. 
I am making valentines, 
For the ones I love. 

Watch me as I cut and paste,
Cut and paste, cut and paste,
Watch me as I cut and paste,
my special valentines.

See me mail my valentines,
Valentines, valentines,
See me mail my valentines,
To the ones I love.

Fingerplay

Love Is A Circle

Love is a circle,
Round and round (make a circling motion with arm)
Love goes up, (raise arms up)
And Love comes down, (lower arms)
Love is on the inside, (pull hands inward towards chest)
Trying to get out, (pull hands away from chest)
Love is whirling and twirling about! (move hands in a spinning motion)