Here's my perky poetry picks which can be found at your library!
- City I Love by Lee Bennett Hopkins (Poems about cities)
- Come To My Party and Other Shape Poems by Heidi B. Roemer (Delightful poems in the shapes of their subjects (ex. a poem about mittens in a mitten shape)
- Busy In The Garden by George Shannon (Poems about gardening and the great outdoors)
- Lunch Money and Other Poems About School by Carol Diggory Shields
- From the Doghouse: Poems to Chew On by Amy E. Sklansky (Poems about dogs)
- Here's A Little Poem: A Very First Book of Poetry collected by Jane Yolen and Andrew Fusek Peters (Beautiful poems obtained through the talents of numerous authors)
Here's a sample of a poem that is something to bark home about!
I'm on my way to outer space
just like I always dream.
I'm riding in a spaceship--
what a marvelous machine!
It launched me high above the earth
and right on past the moon.
Inside I'm like a butterfly
still wrapped in its cocoon.
Up here it's black as darkest night.
The earth looks blue and green.
I travel through the starry sky
toward places never seen.