Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Look Into What Miss Jennifer's November 8th Baby Tales Lapsit 6-23 Months Storytime Was Like!

I really enjoy performing my new weekly Baby Tales Lap-sit Storytime. I promise that when parents and their little ones (6-23 months) enter the Program Room they are going to get a sassy, silly, and entertaining storytime experience filled with movement, music, stories, and interactive play. 

Check out my November 8th Lap-sit storytime which captures the magic that books and babies encourage!

Books Read
Little Green by Keith Baker 
Zoo-Looking by Mem Fox 
My Heart Is Like A Zoo by Michael Hall 

Opening Song with Rattle 
"Hi, Hello, and How are You?" (Tune: London Bridge) 

Dancing with Scarves and Bubbles 
Song: "Under the Sea" from Disney's The Little Mermaid 

Song/Fingerplay before Books 
"These Are My Glasses" by Laurie Berkner (From her CD Whaddya Think of That?)

Lap Bounce
(Babies were bounced on their mothers lap and I held a mouse puppet as I recited the following poem)
Boing, Boing Squeak (Poem by Jack Prelutsky) (Use Only First Verse) 
Poem Source: https://sites.google.com/a/lfcsinc.org/mrsguthrie/poetry/week-4 


Game 
Musical Simon Says
(Mothers helped babies move to the  movements suggested by me as I played a variety of musical instruments)


Song
"Old McDonald Had a Farm" (With stuffed animals and puppets)
(Mothers swayed back and forth with their babies and made the animal sounds as I sang this song) 
Source of song: http://www.dltk-teach.com/rhymes/macdonald/mlyrics.htm)


Closing Song with Bubbles
"Now It's Time to Say Goodbye" (Tune: London Bridge)


Playtime 

(Mothers and babies read, relaxed, and played with toys and board books) 



Spots are still available for this storytime. Please call the Youth Services Reference Desk at 630-368-7734 to register. Limit 10 children per storytime.